- 1 Is there a Greek mythology class in college?
- 2 What should I study if I like Greek mythology?
- 3 Where can I learn Greek mythology?
- 4 What jobs study Greek mythology?
- 5 Is Greek mythology a major?
- 6 Is there a mythology degree?
- 7 What are the 12 gods?
- 8 Can you have a career in mythology?
- 9 How do I start learning mythology?
- 10 What subject is Greek mythology?
- 11 Is Greek mythology a religion?
- 12 What is the best book to read about Greek mythology?
- 13 How much money do historians make?
- 14 Is there any course for mythology?
- 15 What colleges offer mythology?
Is there a Greek mythology class in college?
Greek mythology is often part of literature classes or part of studies throughout school. When looking for courses in Greek mythology in colleges, the classes are usually part of the school’s Classics Division where students study classic works from Greek, Roman and Latin mythology or literature.
What should I study if I like Greek mythology?
If you hope to make a career studying Greco-Roman mythology, I would recommend majoring in Classics. A typical course of study in Classics might involve taking language classes in Greek and/or Latin as well as courses on the literature, civilization, culture, and modern-day influence of Ancient Greece and Rome.
Where can I learn Greek mythology?
That being said, here are some good websites to use as sources:
- www.theoi.com is an extensive resource, I really recommend this one.
- www. greekmythology.com is also a good place for learning mythology.
- www.history.com has some interesting videos and a general overview of popular myths and gods.
What jobs study Greek mythology?
Career Information for Careers that Involve Mythology
- Writers and Authors.
- Anthropologists and Archeologists.
- Museum Technicians and Conservators.
- Fine Artists.
Is Greek mythology a major?
Individuals who are interested in studying Greek mythology can do so as part of Classical Studies programs offered at the undergraduate and graduate levels. These programs prepare graduates to enter into careers such as journalism, curators, archivists, and postsecondary teachers.
Is there a mythology degree?
What Mythology and Folklore Degrees Are Available? Courses in mythology and folklore are available through a range of academic departments at the associates through doctoral degree levels. With that said, degrees primarily focusing on mythology and folklore are most often found at the graduate levels.
What are the 12 gods?
In ancient Greek religion and mythology, the twelve Olympians are the major deities of the Greek pantheon, commonly considered to be Zeus, Hera, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Ares, Hephaestus, Aphrodite, Hermes, and either Hestia or Dionysus.
Can you have a career in mythology?
It doesn’t look good, but the mythology and folklore major can be the springboard to a successful career. Really, it can. As with pretty much all majors, going to grad school increases your chances of getting a good job.
How do I start learning mythology?
By far the easiest way to learn more about mythology is to go to your local library and borrow one of their books about mythology. Don’t worry about selecting the “right” source; just select a book that looks interesting to you.
What subject is Greek mythology?
Greek mythology, body of stories concerning the gods, heroes, and rituals of the ancient Greeks. That the myths contained a considerable element of fiction was recognized by the more critical Greeks, such as the philosopher Plato in the 5th–4th century bce.
Is Greek mythology a religion?
Greek mythology is considered a mythology and not a religion, because stories are the mythology. To quote the Oxford Dictionary: A collection of myths, especially one belonging to a particular religious or cultural tradition.
What is the best book to read about Greek mythology?
Best Greek Mythology Books
- 1) Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Heroes, 75th Anniversary Illustrated Edition, by Edith Hamilton.
- 2) Treasury of Greek Mythology: Classic Stories of Gods, Goddesses, Heroes & Monsters, by Donna Jo Napoli.
- 3) D’Aulaires’ Book of Greek Myths, by Ingri d’Aulaire.
How much money do historians make?
The average salary for a historian in the United States is around $63,680 per year.
Is there any course for mythology?
The comparative mythology course is a postgraduate diploma programme and also offered as an advanced diploma course post completion of the PG course at the Mumbai University. An allied course on mysticism is also offered by this department, which delves into the lives of mystics and their philosophies and believes.
What colleges offer mythology?
Religious Studies Departments allow a focus in mythology. Top programs are at the University of California – Santa Barbara, Duke University, University of Chicago, Yale University, and Claremont Graduate University near Los Angeles.